Convened by Rabbi Dov Linzer, this Siyum is co-sponsored by a wide range of Modern Orthodox Synagogues, Yeshivot, and Institutions, including the following Founding Co-Sponsors:
- Congregation Shearith Israel
- Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun
- Lincoln Square Synagogue
- Congregation Beth Sholom
- Hebrew Institute of Riverdale
- The Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals
- Yeshivat Chovevei Torah Rabbinical School
- The Ramaz School
- Torah in Motion
- Midreshet Ein HaNatziv
- Yeshivat Maale Gilboa
...And Many Other Co-Sponsors!
View Full Co-Sponsor List
Click here for more co-sponsor information.
Support the NYC Siyum HaShas with a financial contribution. Click here for more information.
Why Attend the Siyum HaShas?
- Celebrate Torah Study - Join together with Daf Yomi groups for a celebratory siyum
- Celebrate the Talmud - Shiurim and lectures by the luminaries of the Modern Orthodox world - academics, maggidei shiur, and roshei yeshiva
- Join the Community - Join with a broad array of Modern Orthodox synagogues, yeshivot, and institutions for this milestone event
- Nominal Admission Fee - Early Bird $18 individual / $36 family; Onsite $25 individual / $50 family (Discounts also available.)
- Attend on-line - Can't be in NYC? Tune in for our livestream audio/video (details will be posted when available - sign up for our email newsletter)
NYC's Siyum HaShas features luminaries of the Modern Orthodox community, such as:
- Rabbi Michael Broyde - The Relationship between Bavli and Yerushalmi in Psak Halakha
- Rabbi Dov Linzer - The Lomdus of the First Sugya in Kiddushin and Why Academic Talmud Matters
- Dr. Penina Neuwirth - Practical Differences Between the Niddah in Talmudic Times and Modern Times - Halachic and Hashkafic Implications
- Rabbi Dr. Martin Lockshin - Plainly Speaking: Can Pshat ha-Pesukim be More Authoritative than Talmudic Interpretation?
- Rabbi Nathaniel Helfgot - The Nature of the Mitzvah of Talmud Torah (Berakhot 11b)
- Rabbi Joshua Schreier - 'Moses requested three things from the Holy One, Blessed be He' (Berakhot 7a) -- Theodicy in Tractate Berakhot
- Mrs. Jordanna Cope-Yossef - Pangs of Love: Talmudic Perspectives on Suffering (Berakhot 5a-b)
- Ms. Wendy Amsellem - The Unvanquished: Rabbi Chaninah ben Teradion and the Crafting of Bavli Legend
- Rabbi Yitzhak Ben David - Court Rulings and Judicial Review in the Talmud Bavli
Siyum News and Publicity
- Click Here to See Us in the Press - and view our official Press Release
- View / download our latest Flyer - JPG, PDF, or MS Word format.
Don't forget to order your tickets for the Agudath Israel siyum at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium!